Friday, March 5, 2010

near and not far

What a glorious morning it is today.  My local pond basked in a golden glow as the young sun painted the brown tree trunks and evergreens on the far shore and reflected a warm image on the water.  A few fish jumped, almost in celebration, and a sense of peace lay over the scene.  My thoughts turned in gratitude to our Lord, who fashioned this lovely scene, and I realized that He is very near.  He is as near as a heartbeat, for if my heart should stop I would be immediately in His presence.  He is as near as the breeze that caresses the surface of the pond, as His Holy Spirit gently moves my heart.  He is as near as the problems I will face today because He knows my thoughts, feels my concerns and comforts me in total awareness of my life.  He has surrounded me with His creation and planted me in the midst of a loving family.  He has met every single need I have ever had and He has saved me from countless disasters.  He is near because He speaks to us and longs for us to speak with Him.  He is not far.  Heaven is not far.  He is very, very near.  I hope you know how near He is to you.  I hope you draw near to Him!
 
Romans 10: 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment