Wednesday, June 30, 2010

built for praise

I have been reading the Psalms this month and, as I finished the last five psalms today, I noticed that each of the last five psalms begins with the same words: "Praise the Lord!"  I especially love the exclamation point!  Praise is all about the exclamation point...as we so need to exclaim our love for the Lord with all that is in us.  Praise is the outward and physical expression that is the overflow of a heart that has known the tender touch of the God who lives and lives within.  We need to tell God how much we love Him.  We need to demonstrate and show with voice and body that we love Him...for if we are not willing to do that, what will we reserve our praise for?  To what should we sing...To what should we dance...To what should we shout in wonder and thanks...To what should we outstretch our arms?  Praise is the response of a grateful heart and God, Himself, inhabits that praise!  Praise is our way of giving thanks with an exclamation point to the Great One, before whom we shall ride the Heavens forever!
 
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
         My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
         Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
         And with my song I will praise Him.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment