Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The greater reality

There is a reality waiting to jump on us every day as we get out of bed and face our world.  It is a real world of work, money, marriage, family and major world issues of economy and war.  We generally don't have to worry about leading dull lives...problems will find us and decisions will confront us.  Most of us feel that life is very full and constantly challenging.  But this morning I was reminded that there is a greater reality that runs over, through and around that very real set of issues.  There is the reality of God.  He is continually present, awesome in power, absolutely dependable and personally invested in our lives.  It seems to me that the great question is: how will we bring the greater reality of God into the personal reality of our lives?  I think we often allow these two realities to run in parallel with each other...or we may forget the reality of God, entirely.  Perhaps one key is starting our day with a focus on the greater reality of God.  David paints this picture from Psalm 144:1-2  "Blessed be the Lord, my rock and my keen and firm strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight;  My steadfast tower and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge".  I am reminded that God wants to be God in us and for us so that it is clear He is God to us and to others.  He is the true reality and we are His.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment