Monday, September 27, 2010

He is here

As I walked in the predawn morning, a gentle sprinkle of rain fell from the sky and off the tall trees looming overhead.  I wanted to feel close to God in those quiet minutes before the busy-ness of the new day and the new week swept in.  I wondered why it was so difficult to really feel His presence when I knew that my mind and my heart were easily fixed on other things.  I reflected on the problem we have had ever since Adam walked in his garden.  Since we are not totally immersed in Heaven and God's presence and reality are not directly before us, in the same manner as they will be in the eternal kingom, we are more easily "self contained" and self-centered.  There is a spiritual core within us, however, that knows God is real and God is here.  That spiritual core was awakened and moved to bow before our Lord when we realized His great love and our great need for Him.  Shafts of heavenly light broke into our self-centered minds when we realized that we needed to be rescued from ourselves and our wandering ways.  Jesus became our personal savior.  But we so easily forget Him... I considered that perhaps earth was God's great experiment.  He had formed Heaven and was surrounded with angels who worshiped and obeyed Him without question.  Perhaps He wanted to see if man would also choose to worship and obey Him, when His presence was not quite so obvious.  But then I remembered that God was here all the time and if I didn't sense His presence the problem was mine and not His.  I was comforted with this truth and immediately felt His embrace, once again.  Yes...He is here and we can know Him!
 
Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment