Friday, October 15, 2010

the bigger picture

Even before I was fully awake, problems and concerns of the upcoming day began to fill my mind.  I knew this would be a challenging day and so I headed out for my walk with the Lord hoping to find peace before facing the challenges.  It was almost like being overwhelmed before even starting the day.  Peace began to break into my clouded mind as I walked and invited the Lord into my thoughts.  The stillness and soft light of the minutes before dawn helped me establish a connection with Him.  I found an open spot facing the east where the sun shows its presence even before fully arriving on the scene.  I looked up into the sky and saw an unusual cloud formation resembling  a school of fish that seemed to be headed to greet the sun.  The vastness of the sky and the beauty of this image became the perfect setting for the Lord to whisper to my heart: "Your problems are small but they are filling your whole world.  Consider how vast is My Kingdom and see a bigger picture."  Suddenly I was filled with peace as I realized that I could rest in the Great God of all.   There can be beauty and rest in being a small part of something great and wonderful.
 
Psalm 33:13 From heaven the LORD looks down
       and sees all mankind;

 14 from his dwelling place he watches
       all who live on earth-

 15 he who forms the hearts of all,
       who considers everything they do.

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment