Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a supernatural resource

We read and hear a lot about our natural resources: oil, agriculture, timber, clean air, etc.  There are ongoing concerns about managing and preserving them to sustain us as well as future generations.  The debate on global warming shows up almost daily in the newspapers as we balance the continued industrialization of the world with our environment.  As I continue to consider "faith" and read through the use of the word in the epistles, it strikes me that faith is a great "supernatural" resource.  And, providentially, we don't have to worry about "over mining" or "faith depletion" as we live through our lives.

Faith encourages:
Romans 1:12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. 

Faith is the spark of life:
Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

We are justified before God through faith:
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

It leads to peace:
Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

It is our highway to God's grace:
Romans 5: through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

It is found in the mines and the forests and the deep wells of God:
Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It is our light for living:
Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

It is our fuel for living:
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the lifewhich I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Faith is the supernatural resource that is available to us all, that we might find our Lord, walk with our Lord and experience Life as He desires for us (and for others!)
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment