Tuesday, January 11, 2011

inasmuch

Matthew 25:34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' 

We have been considering words that are important from the Bible, like 'faith', 'grace' and 'abide', that we don't often use in casual conversation.  Here's another rare word: "inasmuch".  I don't think I've ever used "inasmuch" in a sentence before.  But "inasmuch" is a key to seeing Jesus.  We learned from the passage above that we actually have the opportunity of seeing Jesus before we go to Heaven.  When we see people with needs around us and we step outside of our personal comfort zone and self-centered agenda we actually are seeing Jesus!  Not only that...but we actually touch Jesus and feed Jesus and comfort Jesus when we extend love in practical ways to others in need.  At the beginning of a New Year, where we are seeking to see life in a new way, perhaps we can learn to see Jesus all around.  Inasmuch as He has promised, I'm confident He will fulfill that reality. 
 
blessings,
Rob Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment