Monday, January 24, 2011

signed, sealed, delivered...I'm yours

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Stevie Wonder had a great hit song that I thought of this morning, as I read through Ephesians, chapter 1: Signed, Sealed, Delivered...I'm Yours

Here I am baby,
Oh, you've got the future in your hand 
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)

I've done a lot of foolish things 
That I really didn't mean
I could be a broken man but here I am

I thought about our wonderful relationship with the Lord.  He signed the great promise that we could be with Him forever when He gave His Word to us.  We were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when we put our trust in that promise.  He delivered us from the penalty of our sins ("I've done a lot of foolish things"...).  And one day, He'll deliver us from the obstacle course of life in this world to the glory of His throne room.  I hope you can sing with me: "Here I am, Father, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours".
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment