Saturday, February 19, 2011

nothing between

Morning is such a beautiful time.  By its very nature it means "new beginnings".  There is a freshness about the young day, especially when you are surrounded by nature.  This morning, as the sun was still rubbing his eyes and squinting through the trees, I looked out from the cab of my truck by the edge of my favorite pond.  There was a breeze coursing over the water and ripples stood from the surface like goose bumps.  I wanted to feel the breeze so I left the truck.  Immediately I felt the breeze and, more than the breeze, I was immediately reminded that when we stand exposed to the world we are always in the presence of God.  When I was still in the truck I could see the effect of the breeze, but when I stepped out of the truck there was nothing between me and the wind and I felt the force, the temperature and heard the sound of the wind.  My best times with the Lord are the times when there is nothing between me and Him.  That seems to happen when I walk outside, sense His presence, and begin to talk with Him.  At those times I want to make sure that there is "nothing between" us in our relationship because the sweetness of His presence is like the freshness of the wind on a sunny morning.

Job 9: 33 If only there were a mediator between us,
      someone who could bring us together.

Job 16: 21 I need someone to mediate between God and me,
      as a person mediates between friends.

Job 19:25 "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
      and he will stand upon the earth at last.


Job 41:16 They are so close together
      that no air can get between them.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment