Monday, February 21, 2011

Shout!

Psalm 100:1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!

This morning was gray and breezy.  I decided to walk a new path through woods not far from home.  It was good to be alone because it reminded me that I never am...alone.  My heart was filled with worship for the One who had made all I could see around.  I sat by a small pond and tried to take a few pictures of the water in the pre-dawn light but the flash was too weak to capture the tranquil beauty of the place.  I looked into the Word and as I read Psalm 100 I was struck by the word "shout" in the first verse.  I decided to to apply scripture and, as I proceeded up the path, I actually shouted as loud as possible.  Then I decided to shout out some prayers and some praise.  It felt good to be alone with Him in the midst of the tall trees, shouting out loud.  Somehow, the sound of my voice made me realize I was really talking to God.  I realized that sometimes you have to be alone to know that you aren't.
 
shouting out blessings to my friends,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment