Tuesday, March 22, 2011

in good company

Perspective means a great deal...how we look at things.  The past few mornings, as I've strolled through the woods before the sleepy sun has awakened, I considered how I was not alone...despite walking by myself.  I realized that every thought  I had was apparent to the Lord and some of the thoughts I had were responses to His presence.  I reflected on the relationship that He desired to have with man from the very beginning and I was reminded that we were created to know the Lord, in a very real way, as we walk.  I was humbled to think that God not only wants to hear from me...He wants me to be aware of His nearness and to hear His voice in my thoughts.  I thought about all the wondrous Heavenly angels...beings that I can only imagine..and how they surround us.  My perspective took a step of joy as I saw that we are never alone...in fact we breathe the air of Heaven as we inhale the Holy Spirit.
 
Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment