Wednesday, April 20, 2011

with Him beside

As I stood at the very edge of the pond this morning my view ahead was all water as the miniature waves headed my way...brought by the fresh breeze that also washed my face.  The shore beneath my feet greeted the moving water with a sound that resembled the swish of fabric moving over fabric.  The air was pleasant and comfortable even with no jacket.  I considered the peace of the moment and thought about the unknowns of the day ahead that would soon wash toward me like the waves of the pond.  I realized that anxiety and stress tend to climb aboard my frame every day before I have even begun the activity of the day.  As I reflected on the reasons for this, I saw that anxiety comes from the "unknown" aspect of the day.  I never know, for sure, what will happen before I live out each day and I can't be sure that all will go well before I have faced those unknowns.  The breeze that refreshes can become the wind that buffets and the waves that make morning music can appear as a tsunami of destruction.  How can I maintain peace in light of the unknowns that are headed toward me this day?  I must walk with the One who makes the waves...who blows the breeze.  He is the One who knows the unknowns because He is beginning and He is end.  He is the Good Shepherd who lays down in the door of the sheep pen and nothing can touch me that hasn't first come through Him.  As I travel through time into the unknown of today, I am confident He is near.  I will not fear because He knows all and I know Him.  The breeze that brings the waves is His refreshing breath.

John 10:4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment