Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It is enough


In the quiet of a morning, the new day felt like a fresh sheet of paper without writing.
No memories had yet been fashioned.
No problems had entangled my mind.
There was no theme or story or event to distinguish it from other days.
 
A great blue heron stood on the far shore of the pond, resembling a palace guard with upright stance.
He unfolded his flag-like wings and pulled his body and stick legs just above the water's surface.  He
flew to the center of the pond and sat briefly in the water, like an oversized goose, before returning to his post at the water's edge.
 
I enjoyed a brief prayer with our precious Lord as I enjoyed simply taking in the scene.  As I waited by the water I realized that "it was enough" just to be there.  And it was enough just to be close to the Lord.  Even before there is even a hint of activity in the day...it is enough to be with Him.
 
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
         I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment