Sunday, July 3, 2011

a brief stay

I now have a granddaughter that I will not meet until I reach Heaven.  Baby Margaret was forming within my daughter, Meredith, but the Lord chose to take the tiny girl home before she would experience life under direct sunlight and before she'd breathe this air.  I thought about Margaret and about the nature of life.  I remembered that God is the author of life.  He has designed all of life and He permits us the high honor of participating directly in the process of life entering the world.  But baby Margaret's short life has underscored His absolute ownership of life.  We do not form children and we do not own children and we do not hold the deed or the title to anyone's life.  Baby Margaret was conceived by loving parents who were fully prepared and committed to raise her in the warm nest of their family, alongside her sister and brothers...but...for reasons we do not understand the Lord took her directly Home.  Margaret has a personality just as she has life and one day we will meet and become acquainted.  For now she has gone ahead...she has beaten all of us to Heaven and is now basking in the direct presence of Father and Son in a place where the light doesn't come from the sun and the atmosphere has a different quality.  Perhaps she will be one of the first to greet us when we reach eternity's shore...perhaps she will run to us as we reach the great gate...with eagerness she may say, "Welcome, I have been so eager to meet you...my family.... You weren't able to show me what earth was like but I am so excited to introduce you to your home here in Heaven."  And we will instantly know that we are in the same family...with the same Father...with the same home...united with the designer of Life.

2 Samuel 12:23 But now he (she) is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him (her) back again? I shall go to him (her), but he (she) shall not return to me."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment