Monday, October 31, 2011

looking down, looking up

Life is tough...Last week I had a car accident and, thankfully no one was hurt... but afterwards, and since then, I have replayed the situation many times in my mind to understand what happened.  I found myself looking back and then I realized that there may be some questions that never get answered about why the accident happened.  So I looked up and asked the Lord to help with perspective and then I realized that I needed to look down and bow before the situation, trusting in His sovereign will.  Then I remembered that the Lord weaves character development into all the situations of our lives...even when our circumstances are trying.  Then I looked up and thanked Him for the faithful love that will not rest until we are brought to maturity in Christ.  I see that there are times when I need to look down and bow before His sovereign and loving will (and judgement!) so that I can look up in gratitude and praise!

Romans 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to beconformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment