Friday, October 28, 2011

the secret

Colossians 1:26This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God's people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

The cold air this morning was a shock, at first, and then a refreshing lift.  Some problems and issues that I'd been wrestling with fell away as I lifted my heart and mind to the Lord.  I realized that problems, mistakes and issues will always be part of my life, but that there was a greater reality.  God has rescued me and transferred me to the Kingdom of His Son (verse 13)!  I love how Paul describes this as a mystery and a secret in the book of Colossians.  The incomparable truth that Christ lives in me was a fresh thought, like the brisk air around me, and I realized that the answer to my issues and problems lives in that secret.  Looking up to Him lifts me above to get a better view and see that He is with me in the midst of my problems and focusing on Him is always the solution.  This is a secret that we need to keep sharing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment