Thursday, November 17, 2011

disaster in a dream

I stayed up a little late last night and knew that getting up this morning might be a little late too...As a result there was no time for a walk in the woods.  Instead I had a long dream about a disaster in my home.   We had a fire in our home and a lot of old friends were staying with us in the dream.  The fire was a different kind of fire because we knew during the day that it would be coming that night.  The many friends in our house tried to get ready for the fire.  We had hoses laid out and ladders placed up against the side of the house and tried to get organized to have a plan for evacuation when the fire came.  Sure enough the disaster struck and, for some reason, we didn't call the fire department...we tried to fight the fire ourselves.  Dreams are very strange, illogical, stories and I don't know how we got the fire stopped but, by morning in the dream the fire was out and we walked around trying to make sure that everyone survived.  Unfortunately I had two friends that were last seen on the roof of the house and I couldn't find them...and then I woke up!  The dream was over and reality returned and I was glad that there was no fire or loss of friends.  I couldn't help but think that one day a different fire is really coming that will test every home and every life.  Then the dream of this life will be over and we will awaken to eternity.  I am grateful that our hope for rescue is sure in Jesus for every storm in this life and the next!

1 Peter 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment