Monday, January 9, 2012

beside you

As I walked down the dirt road this morning that hunters use to find special spots they use to wait for deer and turkeys I was grateful not to see any of the trucks that would indicate hunters were in the area.  I didn't want to be mistaken for a deer or a turkey (at least not the feathered kind of turkey).  My sense of hearing seemed to be on "extra alert" and I stopped a few times when I heard rustling in the bushes.  A sense of fear tried to creep in and I pictured the steps I might have to take if a rabid squirrel bit me...boy how the mind leaps to conclusions!  But after praying for peace and protection I remembered that Jesus was with me and I wouldn't have to go through anything without Him.  Then I thought about the fact that Jesus is always right there...beside me and within me.  I pictured the men walking with Jesus on the Road to Emmaus, after He'd been resurrected.  He didn't reveal His identity but patiently explained the scriptures to them during the walk (which our pastor explained was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours long).  I thought about the way that Jesus doesn't race ahead or lag behind and He doesn't just ride above at a great distance looking down, as from a space satellite.  He is walking right beside me all day, all the time.  I can actually turn to Him and talk with Him, and smile or cry or laugh.  Better than any computerized search engine, or "Help" screen...Jesus is almighty God and my constant companion.  I am never alone because Jesus came from Heaven to find me when I was lost...and He will never leave.  I hope you are also walking with Jesus right there next to you (and within) as well.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment