Friday, January 20, 2012

library of memories

My daughters are grown now and I often find myself going to the library shelf of my memories to pull out a picture of them as children.  When they were growing up life was full of their presence and now they have moved up and out and on, just as they are supposed to and just as we hoped they would.  But I miss the bustle and the activity and the delight and the challenges of living with little people.  So I go to the library shelf of my memories and pull out pictures of them...in the kitchen...in the bedroom...studying in the living room...playing on the school grounds.  And now I have grandchildren and I get a chance to watch my daughter, as an adult, wonderfully care for her own children.  I'm starting to add more books to the library of my memories...

Job 21:11 They send forth their little ones like a flock,
      And their children dance. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment