Thursday, January 12, 2012

silent company

The background doesn't get enough appreciation sometimes.  On my morning walk today I enjoyed the clear sky and full moon (casting sharp shadows and illuminating the road ahead) but I didn't have a dominant inspirational thought.  The light breeze and a few minutes standing beside a peaceful creek provided a perfect setting for reflection and prayer.   The walk allowed a chance to consider the day ahead and to ask for the Lord's help in known and unknown activities expected to surface today.  As I approached my truck to come home it occurred to me that the tall pine trees that line the unpaved road stand like silent witnesses and encouragers.  They have a presence as they tower over head that suggests strength and protection and I suppose that they help convey the presence of the Lord, even as they are part of the background of the walk.   I was reminded that the Lord stands ever present in the background of my day.  As I walk through this day I will feel His presence, even when I don't hear a specific message.  It is enough that He is near.

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
         Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment