Sunday, May 6, 2012

Faithbook

The Facebook phenomenon is fascinating...it gets into your blood.  There is something about connecting with family and friends and having them connect with you that is addictively satisfying.  Words and pictures that capture everything from the trivial but humorous to the tragically serious are shared in real time and the network of interrelated people react and respond and relate.  It has expanded the meaning of community and neighborhoods and family through technology on a global basis.  

This morning I was thinking about our connection with the Lord.  My best times of connection are something like the desire I have to check out the latest info from my children on Facebook.  I want to feel and see what they are doing and going through and have a sense of how they are doing.  I want to share something of their lives and identify with their joys and line up with them in trials.   I want to see the picture and comment with a thought or expression that ties us close.  

I hope to long for the Lord like I long for this connection with earthly loved ones.  For He is the head of my family...the maker of my life and the one who has bought me and brought me back from going astray.  I want to share my pictures with Him and lift up my problems and hopes...and I want to hear His words in real time...as we march in step with eternity.   This is the Faithbook experience.

Colossians 2: 2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God's mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
 
blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment