Thursday, August 9, 2012

open country

We just arrived in Colorado for a brief family time with all of our daughters and others to celebrate the wedding of a nephew.  Waking up in Colorado you can't wait to rush out and catch a view of mountains...which are visible from my daughter's neighborhood.  The mountains are my first association with Colorado and we look forward to seeing much more while we are here.  But this morning, on a short walk, the overwhelming sensation I had was of being in "open country", where the air is clear and the sky is bigger.  It seems to help you think in a fresher, more expansive way when you are enveloped in such an open setting.  I was reminded that this is what it is like to walk in Christ...He is Open Country for my whole being!

Psalm 78:
23 But he commanded the skies to open;
    he opened the doors of heaven.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment