Tuesday, August 28, 2012

rainbow

Genesis 9:12 Then God said, "I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come.  I have placed my rainbow in the clouds.  It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth.  When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life."

We had a beautiful rainbow on display Sunday evening, following a day of rain.  Having just read the above account I was struck with the very present and ongoing reminder we have of God's commitment to us.  There is something stunning and supernatural about a rainbow.  Its appearance is more than beauty.  It is a message and a seal and a promise that God has been keeping for a long time.  Only the maker of light could break light down into its separate colors and display them against the backdrop of a moisture laden sky.  And He far surpasses any pot of gold at a rainbow's end.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment