Tuesday, October 9, 2012

tin roof

Riding through the western Michigan countryside yesterday I spied some long lived farm homes with tin roofs.  I thought about those humble coverings.  They are noisy drums that resound when heavy rain and hail shower down but they have provided protection for the homes within and below for years and families and perhaps even generations, without need for replacement.  There are flashier roofs...there are architectural roofs with more appealing shingles...but there are few reasonably priced alternatives to provide a more lasting covering.  And I remembered the covering...the roof...over my life.  Jesus is the tin roof of my life...He will shelter all that is within my frame and He will not wear out.  He is not flashy...but He lasts...and He is effective...and He will not be replaced!

2 Samuel 22:
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
    the one who saves me from violence.

love,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment