Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jesus' Sampler

Remember those Whitman Sampler chocolate candy boxes?  Such excitement (especially if you didn't have the map that explained what was inside each candy).  From the outside almost all of the chocolates looked about the same and you couldn't tell what was beneath the outer coat.  Pleasure or disappointment immediately followed the first bite.  There were a few times that I couldn't even finish the candy I'd chosen.  I tend to like the cream or berry filled ones...not a big fan of putting nuts or hard candy inside chocolate.  As I exercised this morning I thought about how I want to be filled with Jesus.  If the Lord were to draw me from His Sampler box, what kind of filling would He find inside?  I want Him to be pleased with the selection!  (Fill me, Jesus, with yourself and place me in your Sampler).

Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment