Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jesus' Creed

As I worshiped on Easter Sunday it occurred to me that, just as we have believers' creeds, like the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed...maybe Jesus has one too (or if He did have one maybe it would go something like this...)
Father, I will build this world and frame these skies just as You have planned.
I will speak them into being.
Father, I will be near your people as you lead them through the wilderness and I will be with them in the fiery ordeals.
I will be reflected in your grace and your provision.

Father, I will enter the world as a man and fulfill the mission of Heaven, that your kingdom will come to man.
I will be the Word made flesh.

Father, I will teach them another way than they have known to live, to love, to prosper.
I will leave your words to be their guide.

Father, I will pay with my own life the ransom to redeem your people and triumph over death and sin.
I will complete the work and save completely.

Father, I will find all of your people across the generations and convince them of their need for You alone.
I will give them my Spirit.

Father, I will restore this world and drive evil forever into the darkness from which it came.
I will be your Son, as I have always been and will always be.


John 8:
28 Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." 30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment