Friday, April 26, 2013

Spiritual Secrets

This week our teacher in the Mini Bible College will share four spiritual secrets that any of us need to understand if we are going to play a role in God's deliverance of others.  These are the lessons that are illustrated in Moses' life as God prepares to send him to confront Pharaoh and secure the release of the Israelites.  It's also the same story that is illustrated in the life of the apostle Peter, very early in his relationship with Jesus through a fishing experience (Luke chapter 5).  The four spiritual secrets of being used effectively by God are: "You're not (the deliverer) but I am, says the Lord"; "You can't deliver anyone...but I can"; "You don't even want to be involved in the delivery...but I do!"; (and after a divine rescue takes place) "You didn't do that...It was I who did that through you."  Moses and Peter both have to come to the realization that there is something, and there is someone, much bigger than they are who is defining the challenge, empowering the agent and giving the result or bearing the fruit.  It seems to me that we tend to be very self centered.  Even when it comes to knowing the Lord and walking with the Lord, so often it seems to be about what will make me happy, fulfilled, full of peace, etc.  We seem to forget that God isn't primarily here for us...we're primarily here for Him!

I think that the one spiritual secret that brings home the four spiritual secrets above for me is that God wants to do something in me so that God can do something through me.  Despite the greatness of God, He chooses to show HImself through people like you and me.  That is a secret that motivates me in a deep way!

Exodus 3:Then the Lord told him, "I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land......10 Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt."
11 But Moses protested to God, "Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?"
12 God answered, "I will be with you. 

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment