Monday, April 22, 2013

the promises of God

Exodus 6:"Therefore, say to the people of Israel: 'I am the Lord. I will free you from your oppression and will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt. I will redeem you with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment. I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God who has freed you from your oppression in Egypt. I will bring you into the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will give it to you as your very own possession. I am the Lord!'"  (underlining mine)

I was struck with the great promises of God to the people of Israel as Moses was about to confront Pharaoh and begin the process of deliverance.  These promises track closely with the promises He has for those who put their faith in the work of Jesus, as well.  I'm sure that this is no coincidence or accident.  It is thrilling to summarize these underlined promises.  God will free us, rescue us from sin, claim us as His people, faithfully remain with us as God.  We will come to have a personal relationship and know Him.  Ultimately He will not only deliver us from sin...He will deliver us into an eternal dwelling place.  This place will be ours as surely as we are His...forevermore!

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment