Saturday, April 6, 2013

unseen construction

Psalm 139:13 
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.


Unseen behind God's factory wall, construction's going on.
 
No noisy hammers can be heard as parts are forged and formed.
 
The blueprint came from before time, drawn from the Master's mind.
 
Now substance given to bring forth life...a babe will walk in light.
 
What we can't see we humbly know is far beyond man's doing,
 
A person taking shape within a mother's body...growing.
 
The weaver of such wondrous work is knitting parts together.
 
Young parents' hearts are awed to become father now and mother.
 
But unseen work is being done to add to flesh and face...
 
and even after birth takes place, the unseen part awaits,
 
the miracle of "forever life" when grace is kissed by faith.
 
 
(to unborn children everywhere)
 
love and blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment