Monday, May 6, 2013

outrunning God

So, we've been away for a week on vacation and I'm facing a lot of "catch up" at work today.  But for some reason, as I exercised this morning, my reaction to that was to relax.  I decided to concentrate on the fact that God will accompany me throughout the day, step by step, as long as I don't try to outrun Him.  If I race ahead and try to anticipate everything that needs to be done and then try to do about five things simultaneously there won't be a good result.  So I'll let my multitasking God (who is also all knowing, all powerful and absolutely present) to order my day.  As we walk through the list of things that have shown up in the "in basket" and as we tackle the emerging issues of the new day and week, we'll walk with Him and lean on Him to show up in our thoughts.  It is so wonderful to have this all powerful God to guide this limited and linear human being.   As I continued to exercise and listened to the book of Exodus through my phone I heard this encouraging passage: 

Exodus 23:20 "See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you. 21 Pay close attention to him, and obey his instructions.....23 For my angel will go before you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites, so you may live there."

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment