Friday, May 24, 2013

truth is a cake

From a distance I did glance
and spy a tasty sight.

sugar-frosted, sweet, and whole,
I knew it would delight...

The party moved through games and gifts and
laughter swept us all,

But in the corner was the cake...
It's beauty did enthrall.

For, having eaten cake before I knew the promise held
The beauty of its glistening coat
fulfilled within my mouth.

And truth is like a cake you see...
It's sweetness satisfies.

We view it cross the room and know,
to eat it crowns our lives.

The party games are like the ways
we act with one another,

But nothing satisfies, it seems,
like the truth cake in the corner.

Jeremiah 15:16 
Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
For I am called by Your name,
Lord God of hosts.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment