Tuesday, June 11, 2013

why rush?

Do you ever have those days that you dread, before they even begin?  There are days that spring up like a giant wave at the shore that seem poised to crush the swimmer and pound him into the surf.  Sometimes there appear to be so many things to do that you have a hard time even remembering them, let alone assign priorities to accomplish them.  You know that it is possible to multitask and so you begin to consider a day that resembles a chef tending to various pots on the stove, dishes in the oven and salads on the chopping block...all at the same time.  But then, sensing this overwhelming set of events, you kneel in a quiet place and simply ask the Lord, "Father help to order my day.  Show me what must be done first and then show me what must be done next.  Be my guide and then be my companion so that I might experience your help to accomplish each thing well."  I think I have come to the conclusion that I really can only do one thing at a time.  Of course there are times when I must move quickly because there is much to do.  But often I find that my mind tends to create anxiety needlessly.  If I lay a foundation of prayer before going into action, then the actions have the Lord as their conductor and the tasks become an experience where we find the Lord meets us in their midst.

Luke 11:"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment