Saturday, July 27, 2013

looking at nothing

Hebrews 11:27 It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king's anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible.

Hebrews 12:We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.

Some say it's fiction, this God that I see...
Can't touch His face, can't hear a voice speak...

But there's much I can't see...and never have...

Couldn't see my beginning...couldn't see past today...

Couldn't see how a heartache came...or went away...

Couldn't see how a thought works, or live in a dream...

Couldn't see a child's love..Now that's a wonderful thing!

So I can watch Jesus with the sight of my mind.

I know that He lives here....I know that He's kind.

By faith I have felt Him, reach deep in my soul.

He brought me to freedom...He's making me whole.

I'm learning to see with eyes that will last...

til this body's worn...and time is all past...


peace,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment