Friday, July 12, 2013

looking back, looking forward

looking back, I recall, I was anxious as I looked forward...

when I was young I didn't know who I was or what I should do...

I tried to be what I thought I should be and do what I should do...

I hadn't given myself life, but I thought I was responsible to make that life a success...

then I found Jesus, as He found me...

I discovered that my life had been planned before it was given...

there were purposes that He had in mind...

just as He'd found me...His purposes I'd find...

looking back, I review the faithfulness I've known...

the success has been knowing Him and...

experiencing His life and His touch and His care...

it never was meant to be about me...what I'd accomplish...what fame I'd reach...

as we have traveled time together, He has led...He has healed...He has forgiven...He has given and given...

looking back I count those blessings of salvation, the heart's desire of wife, the great joy of children, the daily help through work, the unexpected joys of grandkids...

looking forward, my best preparation is looking back!


Psalm 65:
You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds,
    O God our savior.
You are the hope of everyone on earth,
    even those who sail on distant seas.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment