Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Psalm 27 (part 1)

Psalm 271 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
so why should I tremble?
2 When evil people come to devour me,
when my enemies and foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
3 Though a mighty army surrounds me,
my heart will not be afraid.
Even if I am attacked,
I will remain confident.
Two wonderful qualities of the Lord in our lives: light and protection. The light represents the breakthrough of truth...the revelation of the reality of God in our personal lives. It takes a miracle of revelation that goes beyond comprehension, study or the human intellect. God comes down and opens our heart's eye to see and to know Him. That light of the revealed God shines inside our deepest corners and reveals the dark places and causes us to repent, turn our inside out to Him and allow Him to wash us clean. His light of revelation leads to our salvation as we grasp the power and purpose of the risen Savior, now also risen in our lives.
He is also the fortress who protects us from danger. Having entered through the gates of revelation and light we are now safely within the thick walls of His castle. There is evil and once it had dominion over us, but no longer. Evil cannot touch or harm those who reside inside His walls. In fact, we will be sent on missions to go outside the fortress and be part of the rescue plan that brings the light of revelation to others who will join us in celebration to the King...safe within His fortress...always!
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment