Wednesday, September 11, 2013

the big question

Deuteronomy 10:12 "And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. 13 And you must always obey the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good."
---------------------
Sometimes "only" can seem like more than "only". Deuteronomy, chapter 10 asks the big question: "...what does the Lord your God require of you?" What does God really want? What does He expect? What is our expectation of ourselves regarding our relationship with God? Well He only has one requirement: He requires only that you fear Him and please Him and love Him and serve Him with all that is within you! And that means to absolutely obey Him!
That's a big "only"! And I look at it as a life challenge. There have been, and continue to be, a lot of things that I love a lot and they aren't all about God! But I want to make that kind of focus a life objective, and I want to love Him that way...or at least I want to want all that! But it makes sense that if God is who He is and I am going to spend all of eternity with Him I should hone that focus now so that when we are face to face the surprise factor will be minimal and the joy factor will be maximized!
---------------------
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment