Monday, September 9, 2013

your rock

Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God,
for my victory comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will never be shaken.
The image of a "rock" seems to be pretty common in scripture as a picture of the Lord in our lives. I pondered this and realized that the rock is a good analogy for something that is dependable and hard to move. The rock can be relied upon to stay in place, to cling to...it also becomes a strong corner for a building. It's interesting to compare rocks with dirt...after all they are both found in nature. Rocks are more solid and stronger than dirt. They are made of crystals that are homogeneous and uniform and are bound by chemical bonds that create the strength of the mineral. Who or what is the rock in your life? If you are the dirt or clay then what is the stronger element you cling to?
The Psalmist knew that God was his rock, as well as his salvation and his fortress. God is the greater strength that delivers and protects!
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment