Saturday, December 28, 2013

in Jesus name

Acts 3:16 "Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed—and you know how crippled he was before. Faith in Jesus' name has healed him before your very eyes."
-
Matthew 12:20 "He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
Finally he will cause justice to be victorious.
21 And his name will be the hope
of all the world." (quoted from Isaiah 42)
-
Matthew 28:19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
-
Luke 10:16 Then he said to the disciples, "Anyone who accepts your message is also accepting me. And anyone who rejects you is rejecting me. And anyone who rejects me is rejecting God, who sent me."
17 When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, "Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!"
-
John 12:28 Father, bring glory to your name."
Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, "I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again."
-
John 14:13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
-
One common part of almost every prayer we share or hear is the closing phrase: "in Jesus' name". I believe this means something like: "according to the authority of Jesus, who alone is the Son of God and the Mediator between God and man". Perhaps it also means something like: "not in my name or my flawed and limited understanding but in Your holy name...the name which means Savior." And maybe it also means something like this: "Your name represents all you are and all you have done and all you can do. I lift my prayer to be energized, supplied, equipped and answered according to Your power and Your will and Your purposes!" When all is said and done, it is what He has said and He has done and He, alone, can do. His is the name above every name and our petitions, praise and all prayers must be submitted before Him, under that glorious name.
-
Praise the name of Jesus!
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment