Saturday, March 1, 2014

Your last chance

"Robert, this is your last chance", was the subject line on an email I received this past week. Needless to say, whoever sent that email got my attention right off the bat. It turned out to be "my last chance" to enter a drawing to win a trip to hear some political speakers in Washington, D.C. I wasn't interested in the drawing but intrigued by the phrase, "...this is your last chance". I thought about all the 'chances' we have in life...each day...chances and choices. And too often I let the routine run and days pass and the opportunities run off like rain over rocks. One day it will be my last chance because it will be my last day to make choices...to take chances...to make changes. I am continually challenged by the big choice each day: Will be God or will it be me today? In a sense every false idol is reall a choice for self over God. When eternity swallows up my days I know that my only choice will be the wonderful God in whose direct presence I will live. But now are the days of adventure when I have the freedom to choose His ways or mine. And I know that His are far better.
-
Who knows...perhaps today is my last chance...to choose Him!
-
Perhaps it is your first time to choose Him!
-
Deuteronomy 30:19 "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment