Wednesday, May 7, 2014

living in hope

I have been very encouraged by the hope we have in the Lord over the past few days. Sometimes I get discouraged and disappointed in relationships with others or in personal shortcomings but when I read a psalm like Psalm 16 I realize that the real hope that I have comes from a sharp focus on the Lord (and not on myself or on othe people or things). Here are some of the hopeful promises from Psalm 16:
He is our protection (1 Keep me safe, O God,
for I have come to you for refuge. )
-
He is my personal inheritance...I could never inherit more from another (5 Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.)
-
He has given me a good and pleasant life. (6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!)
-
He is my personal guide. (7 I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.)
-
He shows me the path that leads to eternal life, to be with Him forever! (11 You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.)
-
With gratitude, in hope, I can say with the Psalmist, David, 9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice! (exclamation point, mine...)
-
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment