Sunday, June 15, 2014

finite and infinite

As I get older I am more aware of the shortness of this life. As I am in the loop of emails from classmates from my alma mater I am hearing of different ones dying already and I realize that this is the order of life. We are all heading for that destiny, where this life and all its seasons comes to a close. Truly our time on earth is brief with a beginning and an end. And as one who has been born again through faith in Jesus Christ I know that this life is a gateway for the life that never ends. So the motivation to live in the "forever" dimension is becoming stronger. The grip of this life is fading. The things it offers will end with this life and they lose their appeal. Growing in urgency is the desire to live in such a way that others will hear, see and have the opportunity to respond to the eternal invitation to also let go of the "self-grip" and grasp the extended hand of Jesus to come and join Him. He left Heaven to rescue us. Living in our midst as both man and God He identified with this turbulent life in the flesh and then He paved the way back to Heaven for us, if we will believe that only in Him do we find what we need to live. As this life is fading with our diminished strength and as we see that we will ultimately exit this stage we grow in our longing for the life without end and for others to come to this knowledge as well.
-
John 5:37 And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, 38 and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you.
39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! 40 Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.
-
Come to Him here...live with Him in the life that will never end!
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment