Friday, June 13, 2014

flowers on clearance

Last week Shirley and I were at Lowe's looking at plants. Shirley likes to check out the dollar clearance rack whenever we stop in. There was a new multilevel cart full of petunias there. As I walked near the rack I was embraced with a musky fragrance wafting off the trays. These petunias were an assortment of red, white and blue in petal color and I was struck by the simple beauty that these flowers on clearance projected through the channels of sight and smell. My thoughts turned to the Creator and how He fashioned living things that some would call discount items but that were made to be objects of humble beauty...
-
Luke 12:28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment