Monday, June 2, 2014

the Jesus gap

I knew all weekend that this would be a busy week but I pushed the long list of "to do" items to the back of my mind and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather. But, as it always does, Monday showed up this morning. My mind became anxious as I considered a challenging list of things that need to get completed this week at work. I remembered the lesson from our Minibible College class yesterday from Psalms..."when we feel overwhelmed we need to pray...listen for the Lord's response...consider the right course of action...carry through and trust Him". And then I had something of a revelation. Of course there is too much for me to do in my own strength! There is a "Jesus gap" in my life that only He can fill. My life is set up in such a way that I am not supposed to be able to "do it all" in my own strength. So I yielded my anxiety to Him and asked Him to fill the gap that I cannot fill. I haven't been to work yet but He is already giving me ideas about how to prioritize the work. I am trusting Him to fill my mind with insight as the day and the week unfold. It will be a team effort this week, and Jesus is the captain of the team!
-
John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment