Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Close"

Three things about this morning reminded me of the closeness of the Lord. The first was the fog (see picture). With all the rain we received this past weekend I suppose the stage was set for the moisture in the ground to come up to meet the sky. But fog makes the air feel close...close like the Lord is to us. And as I stepped to my truck to head down to the local pond I felt the humidity of our Virginia summer air. Humidity makes the air also feel close...close like the Lord is to us, blanketing us with His care. Then as I drove my truck through the windy road to the pond I realized that God's creation was right next to me all the way, with trees and bugs and birds growing and moving all around me. His works surround me and make me realize that He is close in the same way. Fog, humidity and nature all spoke to me and reminded me that the Lord is near. He is very, very near. And we are never alone, or separated from His presence (but we may forget at times!).
-
Psalm 145:18 The Lord is close to all who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him in truth.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment