Monday, August 25, 2014

source of praise

I was on my hands and knees Saturday evening scrubbing the tile floor in the kitchen. For some reason I like the satisfaction of getting that grout clean and seeing the final product when the floor shines. But as I worked the thought occurred to me: "What is my favorite source of praise?" There is the praise that I was hoping to get from my wife, Shirley, when she came home. There is a sort of "self-praise" that I award to myself. In a more general sense I can live for the praise of other people as I move through my days. Or I can make the praise that comes from God the primary source of praise that I seek. If I center my thoughts and actions around the goal of pleasing God...of living for His praise...I think I will be headed in the right direction. That isn't my natural tendency and it seems far easier to look for the praise and commendation that comes from the other sources. But there is no comparison when it comes to the inner satisfaction of your spirit resonating with the Spirit of the Lord, that you are in a good place!
-
1 Thessalonians 4:1 Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment