Monday, October 6, 2014

each new life

We are intensely interested when a new baby arrives. Especially when a family member or close friend has the joy of a new child...we celebrate with them and we are fascinated to consider what this new little person will be like. At first we only have a few pieces of information: usually gender, length and weight (and maybe the presence or absence of hair!). But within the framework of this precious and vulnerable little human is already laid a very specific personality. And behind the scenes, in the Heavenly realm, there are already conceived plans for this life (with every day of this life already accounted for). In a sense every new person is a surprise gift to planet Earth that awaits unwrapping. And, of course, much more than this every person who walks the earth becomes an opportunity for the rest of us to demonstrate love. It's almost as if the Lord is constantly adding instruments to His orchestra to form a personal symphony that will play to glorify Him.
-
What a great gift is life! What a great Giver has fashioned each life. Perhaps one of our great challenges is to help bring out the full potential that the Creator had in mind when He placed each of us here.
-
Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame wasnot hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment