Tuesday, November 4, 2014

on the level

I like to go down to the pond in the morning to feel close to Jesus.  I think that there are a few reasons why the pond works so well.  I drive down through a windy, tree-lined road that sets the stage for coming apart to be with Him.  Suddenly the windy path breaks into an opening and the pond is spread before me.  It's like I am coming out of the windy and narrow thoughts of my own mind and into the openness and grandness of His.  On a bright morning like today the pond surface is a mirror that reflects sky, sun and shoreline.  The pond is a place of reflection for me...to reflect on where I am and where I am going...to consider needs to pray for and to be still before Him.  Perhaps, most interestingly, the pond is one of the few physical things I can see that is absolutely level.  It is not only perfectly flat...it can be trusted to be a reliable measure of the horizon.  I need to realign my vision with something that is true every morning.  And I need to realign my inner person...thoughts, heart, attitude with the only One who is true.

-

Luke 6:17 When they came down from the mountain, the disciples stood with Jesus on a large, level area

-

blessings,

Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment