Thursday, November 13, 2014

the other side of cold

I went into a meeting last night when the temperature was still in the 60's and mild. An hour or so later, when I left the meeting, the air had changed quality. It felt about 10 degrees cooler and was a welcome refresher from the stuffy indoor air. Again, this morning, as I stood by the pond's edge the crisp, cool edge of the air helped wake me up and the freshness of the air seemed to clean out my breathing passages. As winter approaches, it comes with cold air, but all isn't negative about the cold. The change, itself, can refresh and the bracing quality of lower temperatures and lower humidity can cause our vision to take sharper definition and our body to be invigorated.
-
I was surprised to find myself enjoying the colder air. Sometimes the changes that the Lord has for us are surprising also. Even the familiar change of seasons carries refreshing experience. This new day will bring experiences and possible change that cannot be predicted, but the Lord will refresh us with His presence in the midst of change. We may see with greater sharpness and feel invigorated as those changes come...just like the cold air of early winter.
-
Psalm 74:17 You set the boundaries of the earth, and you made both summer and winter.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment