Saturday, December 13, 2014

new birth

The Christmas Concert at the Chapel kicked off with the first performance last night. As a choir member it is always interesting on the first night to both participate in the program and enjoy seeing the program unfold for the first time with all its pieces coming together. Until the first night of the concert we don't see all of the performers and we don't hear all of the music . We haven't heard how the narration integrates and pulls it all together. We haven't heard our Pastor's message. We finally feel the impact of the entire program on that first night. And the program last night was wonderful! I felt like a beautiful picture was being painted of the Lord throughout the night...a picture of His love for all men. And then it occurred to me that this picture of Jesus, which I first started to hear about as a child is becoming clearer all the time as my life unfolds. Just like the first night of the concert, I am gradually seeing more of the pieces of His story and His love and His personality unfold in my life and the life of other people. And my picture of Jesus is growing into sharper focus. No longer just a quaint story of a baby born to a humble couple in a stable...something that happened long ago...Now Jesus is becoming more defined as one who lives today, as well, and who still reaches people and heals them and rescues them and feeds them with the food of the soul. The picture of Jesus is growing clearer, sharper, more three dimensional all the time!
-
John 6:57 "I live because of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me."
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment