Thursday, February 5, 2015

multitasking

In today's busy world the word multitasking has become used to describe how we manage our daily lives.  I have a wonderful daughter who has five children under the age of 10 and I believe that she is my personal champion of "multitasking".  But I think I've come to the conclusion that, no matter how many things I need to get done in a day, I can really only bring my best to one thing at a time.  I find personal stress when I try to dabble in several things at once.  It just works better for me to bring full attention to one task and then move on to the next (although this isn't always possible!).  Then when I consider how I interact with the Lord I wonder if He is just one more "task" that I will mix in with the rest of the loose ends on my daily agenda.  It seems clear that to really benefit from the personal relationship that was purchased at the great price of Calvary I need to bring my best and my total focus to that relationship.  Even in the midst of a busy day, with multiple tasks in progress, it may be possible to "hit the pause button" and bow before Him for a word of prayer and a moment of peace.
-
Certainly the Lord is the ultimate multitasker when you consider the billions of activities, lives and plans He watches over!  Perhaps I can boil my priorities down to a daily starting point that listens to Him and speaks with Him so that as the many demands of the day seek to capture my attention I can bring my best to each one...one at a time!
-
Philippians 3:13b-14 ...but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ is calling us.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment